Teeth Whitening After Care
There is a special diet called the “white diet” that you will have to follow after you are done with the process and procedure. It is important to follow this diet immediately after the procedure and for 48 hours later.
You have to take care of the following things when you are done with the procedure:
- Within the given timeframe, you just have to take white foods and fluids.
- Any food or drinks containing color should be avoided so as to protect your teeth from any stain.
- Avoid smoking as it can stain your teeth.
- You should also refrain from having tea or coffee.
- No coloured mouthwash or toothpaste should be used.
- Green vegetables and curry should be avoided.
Tips to prevent tooth discoloration after tooth whitening:
- Avoid eating and drinking items that can leave stain on your teeth like tea, coffee, wine, hard candy, berries, tomato sauce, etc.
- Use a straw when drinking beverages to keep stain-causing dyes away from your teeth.
- Smoking tobacco can cause teeth to become discolored. Eliminating tobacco can help keep your teeth bright.
Although the result is rapid, but there some tips to maintain your teeth with in years of treatment:
- Brush or rinse mouth immediately after eating and drinking.
- Floss to remove plaque
- Using whitening tooth paste once or twice a week to avoid surface stains.
- Do touch up treatments.
When deciding on a teeth whitening procedure, consider the maintenance involved after the procedure. Practice good dental hygiene to ensure that your investment in a brighter smile lasts as long as possible. Even with the dramatic results that follow a Laser Teeth Whitening treatment, the changes fade over time. On average, the whitening effect should last anywhere between six months to a year. You can help maintain a beautiful smile by taking care even after the treatment is done.
Your smile is a gift of God and very important to the people who love you. By taking care of the above mentioned tips even after the treatment, you can live a healthy life and pass a beautiful smile. Always remember, your smile is precious to those who care for you. So always take care of your teeth and the whiteness of your teeth. It is said, “Smile and forgive. It’s the only way to live”.
Once you are done with the process, you yourself will feel good when you look at yourself. You will have a confidence and pride in you. Everywhere you will go, people will look at you with praise in their eyes. You will feel proud of yourself. But then again, to maintain the whiteness of your teeth, you have to take care of them even after you are done with the process. You do not have to eat anything that leaves stain on your teeth or changes the shade. No tea or coffee for the given timeframe. Take care of your teeth and live a happy and healthy life.